This file contains ambiguous Unicode characters that may be confused with others in your current locale. If your use case is intentional and legitimate, you can safely ignore this warning. Use the Escape button to highlight these characters.
A note on versioning: This librarys major version will grow with the APIs
version number. Breaking changes will be indicated by a change in the minor
(or major) version number, and will generally be avoided.
* 3.1 support
* Added `discoverable` parameter to account_update_credentials (Thanks gdunstone)
* Added new notification type "follow_request"
* Added bookmarks support:
* New functions: `status_bookmark`, `status_unbookmark`, `bookmarks`
* New fine-grained oauth scopes: read:bookmarks and write:bookmarks.
* Added announcement support
* New functions: `announcements`, `announcement_dismiss`
* Added announcement reaction support
* New functions: `announcement_reaction_create`, `announcement_reaction_delete`
* Fixed missing notification type "poll" in push notification API and documentation.´
* Fixed a token loading bug
* Fix header upload in account_update_credentials (Thanks gdunstone)
* Commented blocklist code (Thanks marnanel for the report)
* Added fallback for when magic is not available (Thanks limburgher)
* Added missing "mentions_only" parameter to notifications (Thanks adbenitez for the report)
* Moved "content_type" parameter into "pleroma" feature set. This is a breaking change.
* BREAKING CHANGE: the search_v1 API is now gone from Mastodon, Mastodon.py will still let you use it where available / use it where needed if you call search()
* Support for new 3.0.0 features
* Added profile directory API: directory()
* Added featured and suggested tags API: featured_tags(), featured_tag_suggestions(), featured_tag_create(), featured_tag_delete() (Thanks Gargron for the advice)
* Added new parameters to search (exclude_unreviewed) and create_account (reason)
* Added ability to persist base URLs together with access token and client id / secret files
* Documented that status_card endpoint has been removed, switched to alternate method of retrieving cards if function is still used
* Added blurhash as a core dependency, since it is now licensed permissively again
* Added me() function as synonym for account_verify_credentials() to lessen confusion
* Fixed notification-dismiss to use new API endpoint where the old one is not available (Thanks kensanata)
* Fixed status_reply to match status_post
* Add basic support for non-mainline features via the feature_set parameter
* Added support for fedibirds quote_id parameter in status_post
* Future-proofed webpush cryptography api while trying to remain very backwards compatible so that it can hopefully in the future become part of the core
* Clarified and updated the documentation and improved the tests in various ways
* Fix documentation for list_accounts()
* Add note about block lists to documentation
* Add note that 2.7 support is being sunset
* Small fix to be friendlier to hosted apps
* Added support for moderation API (Thanks Gargron for the clarifications and dotUser for helping with testing)
* Made status_delete return the deleted status (With "source" attribute)
* Added account_id parameter to notifications
* Added streaming_health
* Added support for local hashtag streams
* Made blurhash an optional dependency (Thanks limburgher)
* Fixed some things related to error handling (Thanks lefherz)
* Fixed various small documentation issues (Thanks lefherz)
* BREAKING BUT ONLY FOR YOUR DEPLOY, POTENTIALLY: http_ece and cryptography are now optional dependencies, if you need full webpush crypto support add the "webpush" feature to your Mastodon.py requirements or require one or both manually in your own setup.py.
* Fixed a bug in create_account (Thanks csmall for the report)
* Allowed and documented non-authenticated access to streaming API (Thanks webwurst)
* Fixed MastodonServerError not being exported (Thanks lefherz)
* Fixed various small documentation issues (Thanks julianaito)
* Fixed date parsing in hashtag dicts.
* Fixed search not working on Mastodon versions before 2.8.0. search now dynamically selects search_v1 or search_v2 and adjusts valid parameters depending on the detected Mastodon version.
* Added blurhash decoding.
There are some breaking changes in this release, though less than you might think, considering
this goes all the way from version 2.4.3 to 2.8.0.
* BREAKING CHANGE: Changed streaming API behaviour to make the initial connection asynchronous (Thanks to Shura0 for the detailed report)
* Old behaviour: The initial connection could fail, the stream functions would then throw an exception.
* New behaviour: The initial connection function just returns immediately. If there is a connection error, the listeners on_abort handler is called to inform the user and the connection is retried.
* BREAKING CHANGE: search() now calls through to search_v2. The old behaviour is available as search_v1.
* Added support for polls (Added in 2.8.0)
* Added support for preferences API (Added in 2.8.0)
* Added support for the boost visibility parameter (Added in 2.8.0)
* Added support for type, limit, offset, min_id, max_id, account_id on the search API (Added in 2.8.0)
* Added support for scheduled statuses (Added in 2.7.0)
* Added support for account creation via the API (Thanks gargron for clarifying many things here and in other places. Added in 2.7.0)
* Added support for conversation streaming / stream_direct (Added in 2.6.0)
* Added support for conversations (Added in 2.6.0)
* Added support for report forwarding (Added in 2.5.0)
* Added support for multiple OAuth redirect URIs and forcing the user to re-login in OAuth flows.
* Added support for app_verify_credentials endpoint (Added in 2.7.2).
* Added support for min_id based backwards pagination (Added in 2.6.0). The old method is still supported for older installs.
* Added support for account pins / endorsements (Added in 2.5.0).
* Updated documentation for changes to entities.
* Added the ability to access non-authenticated endpoints with no app credentials (Thanks to cerisara for the report and codl).
* Fixed the streaming API not working with gzip encoding (Thanks to bitleks for the report).
* Added more explicitly caught error classes (Thanks to lefherz).
* Improved Pleroma support including content-type and pagination fixes (Thanks to jfmcbrayer for the report and codl).
* Added better session support (Thanks to jrabbit).
* Fixed dependencies (Thanks to jrabbit).
* Fixed variousmime type issues (Thanks to errbufferoverfl and jfmcbrayer).
* Improved the example code (Thanks to MarkEEaton).
* Fixed various small documentation issues (Thanks to allo-).